Diversity and Inclusion
“We need diversity of thought in the world to face the new challenges” – Tim Berners-Lee
At NP Group, we place diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. It is driven by our CEO and leadership team down through to all our employees and partners across our internal and external networks. It is vital to us as a company that our culture remains inclusive to everyone we work with – our people, our partners and our candidates.
We believe that in order to ensure a diverse recruitment process, we need to foster diverse teams. Our internal statistics speak for themselves – our people represent an incredibly rich variety of backgrounds and cultures, all of which are valued for the diversity of thought, ideas and experiences they bring to the table. We recognise that a diverse workforce leads to increased productivity and creativity, which benefits everyone.
For us, successful diversity and inclusion is about having a culture of acceptance, respect, and, most importantly, teamwork in the workplace.
Diversity and Inclusion best principles and practices at NP Group
- Diversity is represented at all levels of the organisation.
- We provide equal opportunities to all who apply for vacancies through open competition.
- NP Group focuses on fair treatment, equal access to opportunity, teamwork and collaboration and collaborative conflict resolution processes.
- We provide all employees at all levels with the training and development that they need to carry out their job effectively.
- We have introduced flexible working to our entire workforce, providing opportunities to work from home and to work flexible hours to help employees combine a career with their domestic responsibilities.
- We offer matching structured interviewing process and training to all internal business hires.
- We give visible recognition when individual teams go above and beyond.
- We will provide all reasonable assistance to employees who are or who become disabled, making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to provide continued employment. We will ensure an appropriate risk assessment is carried out and that appropriate specialist advice is obtained when necessary.
- We honour multiple religious and cultural practices, including holidays and celebrations.
- We are members of The Women in Recruitment body.
Diversity and Inclusion within NP Group
We have a diverse team with a mix of Ethnic Origins which includes 48% White and 38% BAME or have mixed origins
60% of our management team are from BAME background
35% of our staff classify themselves as Atheists, 31% are Christians, and 10% are Muslims
We have 35% females and 65% males working in our business
Our employees come from various countries and for 21% of them English is not their first language
9 nationalities are represented within our workforce
“As an HR person, diversity and inclusion has always been a matter of great importance to me. And it feels right to be part of a company which cares about making sure that everyone has equal opportunities of learning and development, but also is diverse and thinks forward. On a personal level, as a woman and a non-national, I always felt that NP Group treated me fairly (I’ve been promoted five times within my 6 years at NP Group, from a recruiter to being part of the leadership team!) and I have been given the opportunity to grow and develop to the role I always wanted. I also want to replicate the chances NP Group gave me by ensuring that all employees are given all the tools and support they need to reach their ultimate professional goal.”
“I have worked with NP Group for almost 2 years now. In those 2 years I was given the opportunity to move teams to grow into more of a client facing role, since then, I have continuously been given the chance to develop and I have also been promoted. NP Group are a fantastic company to work for and the sky’s the limit irrespective of your nationality/gender/race/age etc”
“A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.” — Sundar Pichai. Throughout my career in the recruitment industry, I can truly say NP Group is one of the companies who have a true drive for Diversity and Inclusion and are passionate about Women in Recruitment. I am honoured to work for a company who has a diverse team with a mix of Ethnic Origins which includes 51% White and 49% BAME or have mixed origin. They have employees who come from different backgrounds, different experiences and thus have different perspectives which leads to a better working environment and provides a sense of belonging to an individual.”
“The stereotypical recruitment mantra – work hard, drink harder doesn’t align well with my beliefs as a British Muslim. Often, I find myself avoiding work social events as I didn’t drink. The people here noticed that and arranged events that didn’t involve alcohol as the primary factor (quizzes, golf, bubble football, bounce, squash tournaments at our local gym, even a spot of arm wrestling at some point) they even stocked the beer fridge with 0% alcohol beer for us. This made it easier to socialise with colleagues. The company were also really sensitive to my needs as a Muslim and offered flexibility during Ramadan as well as a place to pray in (if I wanted). I don’t think you could have much more of a diverse team than ours (less than 30% SWM). I’d definitely say NP Group is a very diverse and inclusive company.”